Reduced cost of desktop estate by £220 per user, per year
Remotely Enabled Desktop estate
Microsoft Office 365 implementation and adoption
What was the challenge
IPO needed support to scope, plan and implement the programme to migrate the existing desktop to modern technologies that better supported their business objectives.
The Intellectual Property Office needed support in Programme Management for the implementation of the IPO Modern Desktop Programme.
Perago provided the programme leadership, delivering the programme to time cost and quality expectations.
What we did
- Led the IPO modern Desktop Programme. The programme’s scope was to migrate their existing desktop service, W7, VDI, Office 2010 and implement the modern desktop, including hardware migration to MS Surface devices and implementation and adoption of W10 and M365.
- Developed the strategic rollout plan, underpinned by the broader organisational aims and objectives, the supporting business case and Executive team buy-in to the rollout approach.
- Identified the critical personas across the IPO, working to understand the nature of the roles, key responsibilities, challenges, and needs of the persona.
- Enabled the IPO to rapidly shift to a fully remote working environment in March 2020 as the first stages of the Covid-19 pandemic hit the UK.
- Reduced cost of desktop estate by £220 per person, per year
- New commercial model for desktop hardware – first in Government
- Implementation and adoption of M365; enabling realisation of organisation remote working and estates strategy
- Service migration from on-premise to cloud based services