Embed a user centred mindset in the project managers in the business’ Retail section and give practical tools, techniques and knowledge that can be applied to their day to day work.
Work with Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water’s *RE:think digital group to provide an introduction to what user centred design is.
*The RE:think digital group is is made up of people from all across the company, engineers to data scientists and more – embedding User Centred Design thinking deep into the business.
What was the challenge
Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water takes pride in delivering essential services and as a ‘not for profit’ company with no shareholders, focusing on the best interests of its customers.
The water industry is evolving at an unprecedented rate. Changes in industry regulation and technology coupled with ever evolving customer need, create an exciting, challenging and fast paced environment that is expected to drive rapid transformation, particularly in relation to the way customers interact with Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water’s services.
Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water recognised that in order to meet its vision of ‘earning the trust of customers every day’, services should be organised around the needs of customers rather than a business or regulatory process, allowing them to achieve their goal.
With no full time practitioners in house, Dwr Cymru wanted to increase their in house capability around User Centred Design Thinking and enable this thinking across the business to truly embed it as a way of working and developing end to end services.
What we did
- Developed a bespoke 2-day training course aimed at experienced project managers.
- Designed engaging course material based around a fictional but relatable Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water style topic.
- Delivered 100% remotely online making sure that it was fully interactive using MS Teams breakout rooms, activities, exercises and debate.
- Integrated Miro whiteboard application in activities to show participants how to use digital tools to plan User Centred Design effectively whilst encouraging collaborative working.
- Adapted the course content to make suitable for an audience less familiar with User Centred Design
- Condensed content and timeframe for Delivery to suit a diverse group from a wide range of careers and business areas within the company.
- Inspired the group to use the tools, techniques to better understand problems before jumping directly to solutions.
- Refreshed and unified understanding and approach across a mixed group of practitioners.
- Provided a framework that participants could use to coach others in the business around User Centred Design.
- Developed confidence amongst project managers to more effectively engage with end users throughout the development of a product or service.
- Enabled participants with the skills to draw out the process using visualisation graphs.
- Excellent feedback from the 30 people that participated in the learning.
An engaging, inspiring well thought out training day! Absolutely loved it, it was relevant fresh and exciting! Thank you so much.
Great trainer, great group to train with and feel like I’ve learned a lot from something I thought I already knew about 🙂
This training was not only informative, but fun and interactive. There was a really good mixture of theory and practical ways to learn. The trainer, Jess, was relaxed, approachable and easy to talk to – would definitely recommend another course from this company and completing the User Centre Design Course if you haven’t already!